Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Restart

Well, there's a reason this blog is called "an attempt." I stopped posting a few years ago, but I think it's time to restart. Get ready for some thoughts on life and times, food, Judaism, music, sports (watching, not playing).

So, what's up today?
1) News: "Israeli ground troops have begun moving into Gaza." There are lots of people that have VERY impassioned thoughts about Operation Cast Lead. I will leave other bloggers to write their thoughts. For example, check out J. Fro in J. Lem, Just Another MOT, or Social Jewstice, amongst others.

2) Sports: I'm not usually a betting man, unless you're talking about the amazing free sports betting site, cent sports. Here's how it works: They give you 10 free fake cents with which to bet. You can make bets and win and lose the money. If you drop below 10 cents, they bump you back up to 10 for free. If you win and keep winning until your dollar level is above 10 dollars, you can cash out and they'll send you a real check! No joke! They cover their expenses through advertisements. If you are going to sign up, though, become my crony so you can get a portion of my winnings and vice-versa.
Anywho, I bring it up because the Chargers are playing today, and I don't expect them to win. LT and Gates are pretty banged up (bung up?), despite both teams coming into this game with a lot of momentum. Don't get me wrong, I am a San Diego fan. But being a true San Diego fan means that you expect your teams to lose, unless, of course, they are playing indoor soccer (soccers) or minor league hockey (gulls). Then, you expect them to win some obscure title or trophey (Taylor cup?). Nevertheless, when the San Diego sports teams win, the thrill of victory is compounded as we also celebrate the lack of another loss. I started a Facebook group about this a few years ago called "The San Diego Sports Curse." Check it out if you'd like the full history of San Diego professional sports losses. The spread is Chargers +2, and that's where my money is. This means that the Bolts can lose by up to two points for the bet to win. Hooray!

3) I get to sit with two great souls today and just hang on the couch. It will be a great day.

No comments: