Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Thank You Note

Most people recieve money as gifts during the holidays or other days of importance. Yet, a question that I have had is "How can you write a thank you note to someone and make it personal enough that they feel pleased for their gift? After all, an open-ended monitary gift is something that is hard to specify." I wrote a thank-you note to two of my relatives that partially answers this question. I say partially because it is very difficult to respond to any question with a definitive answer. Todays entry is that note.
Dear Uncle ______ and Aunt ______,
Thank you so much for your wonderful gift. Your gift is something that appears general to most, however, I consider one of the most thoughtful. It is gifts like yours that enable me to get more out of NFTY, Judaism, and music -- the three aspects of my life, other than family, that mean the most. Thanks again, and I hope you have had a wonderful Hanukkah!
Love,
Jeremy

No comments: